Outside Sales Representative
Do you have a knack for connecting with customers and building quality relationships with them quickly? Does the idea of being in the field and visiting prospective job sites sound appealing? If you’re excited about helping people, providing solutions, and closing the sale, we want to speak with you immediately!
Five Star Painting is hiring an Outside Sales Representative in our area. As a valued team member, you’ll follow up on leads, provide accurate estimates to potential customers, and close the deal so our team can refresh their property with new paint.
We provide you with the leads - you just need to nurture them to close. We’ve seen time and again that the best reps are those who take the time to build a relationship with the customer. We have also seen those who can develop new lead funnels accel quickly. When you follow our process at Five Star Painting, you’ll successfully close new opportunities while working outside the office and controlling your income.
This position is commission-based, so being comfortable with knowing that you’re responsible for your income is critical to finding success in this role.
Why You’ll Want to Join Our Team
As an Outside Sales Representative, you’ll enjoy the freedom of working with our customers on location - no stuffy offices to sit in all day.
Because of our strong reputation in the community, you can trust that our customers will be happy to see you. This isn’t the cold-call selling you may be used to. We provide you with the leads, and you meet with the customers. Our team is committed to your training and your success.
Responsibilities of an Outside Sales Representative
As part of your sales activity, you’ll also be estimating jobs. You’ll be responsible for the following activities to succeed in this role:
- Meet with customers to listen and understand their needs.
- Accurately measure and estimate the job's cost and confirm the needed services and materials.
- Communicate expectations to customers.
- Accurately document and create written proposals.
- Schedule color consultations.
- Follow up with prospective clients.
- Support the marketing efforts by promoting Five Star Painting.
- Self-generate additional referrals from existing customers and new leads.
- Prospecting for qualified leads (self-generated or referral appts are paid at a higher rate)
- Attend networking and chamber events to develop lead funnels
- Close new business to support revenue growth.
Requirements to be Successful
From day one, we want you to find success as an Outside Sales Representative. That’s why we generate the leads and train you to estimate and close them. Our most successful reps have the following traits. If this sounds like you, apply today!
- Ability to have a positive attitude that won’t let a "no" from a customer get you down.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and strive to deliver extremely accurate estimates.
- Quality communication skills when working with strangers.
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude when selling to customers.
- Team player who can also work independently if necessary.
- Reliable transportation to the office and our customers’ properties.
- Prior experience in home service sales is a plus.
- Flexible schedule a plus
- Minimum of 2 years of sales experience
- Painting knowledge is helpful
- Safe driving history
- Pass criminal background
- Pass drug test
- Opportunity for advancement
- $33,856.00 - $113,322.00 per year
Suplemental pay types
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends and evening shift as needed
Remember, we’re looking to hire only the best. If that’s you, APPLY TODAY!
Should you meet the requirements for the position, our system will schedule you for an interview immediately.